The Beak Doctor BD5&6 The social/science set
Bruce Ackley, soprano saxophone; Derek Bailey, acoustic guitar; Greg Goodman, piano, percussion; Henry Kaiser, electric guitar; Toshinori Kondo, trumpet; Larry Ochs, tenor and sopranino saxophones; Evan Parker, tenor and soprano saxophones; Jon Raskin, clarinet, baritone and alto saxophones; Andrew Voigt, alto and sopranino saxophones.
The Social set I and II were recorded at 1750 Arch Street Studio, Berkeley on 19 October 1980; the other tracks were recorded at The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco on 21 October 1980.
- Social set I [ensemble except DB] (23.06)
- Realgar [Bailey/Raskin] (04.44)
- Xenon [Kondo/Parker] (07.29)
- Social set II [ensemble except DB] (23.59)
- Basalt [Parker] (07.39)
- Lexeme [Goodman/Ochs/Parker/Raskin] (06.55)
- Gabbro scoops [Bailey/Ochs/Kondo] (05.11)
This CD released 2002/03 is a re-issue of two vinyl records: Volume 1: The social set and Volume 2: The science set produced by The Beak Doctor/Metalanguage Records. Not all of Volume 2 has made it to CD.
Cover art (reproduced above) by M. K. Frank.
Go to list of The Beak Doctor recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page