Emanem 4020 Withdrawal (1966-7)
Spontaneous Music Ensemble
Kenny Wheeler, trumpet, flugelhorn, percussion; Paul Rutherford, trombone,
percussion; Trevor Watts, oboe, alto saxophone, flute, voice, percussion;
Evan Parker, soprano and tenor saxophones, percussion;
Derek Bailey, amplified guitar (tracks 5-11 only); Barry Guy, double bass, piano;
John Stevens, drums, cymbals, percussion.
Recorded in London: tracks 1-4 in September/October 1966; tracks 5-11 in March 1967.
- Withdrawal soundtrack part 1A (05.19)
- Withdrawal soundtrack part 1B (05.07)
- Withdrawal soundtrack part 1C (07.49)
- Withdrawal soundtrack part 2 (13.42)
- Withdrawal sequence 1 (11.22)
- Withdrawal sequence 2 (10.51)
- Withdrawal sequence 3 "C4" (02.34)
- Seeing sounds and hearing colours - Introduction: "Puddles, raindrops & circles" (04.02)
- Seeing sounds and hearing colours - Movement 1 (04.43)
- Seeing sounds and hearing colours - Movement 2 "C" (05.15)
- Seeing sounds and hearing colours - Movement 3 (07.23)
Front cover photograph (reproduced above), by Jak Kilby.
Re-issued in June 2016 as Emanem 5040.
Go to Emanem list of CDs, to list of Emanem LPs, or to Independent Recording Labels Page