FMP CD 124 Duos2: Europa · America · Japan
Peter Kowald, bass; with:
Booklet layout (front cover reproduced above) by Peter Kowald and Jost Gebers.
- Evan Parker, soprano saxophone: Straight angle suite II (04.45); recorded 16 August 1987 in Berlin
- Jeanne Lee, voice: He who laughs suite (04.12); recorded 31 March 1986 in Brooklyn, NY
- Toshinori Kondo, trumpet, electronics: Electric fried rice field (02.53); recorded 7 October 1986 in Tokyo
- Julius Hemphill, alto saxophone: Balances & cloves (04.03); recorded 30 June 1990 in Berlin
- Seizan Matsuda, shakuhachi: Wind feet (04.36); recorded 11 December 1986 in Tokyo
- Diamanda Galas, voice: Throat II (03.35); recorded 12 March 1986 in Berlin
- Conrad Bauer, trombone: Stein auf bein (03.58); recorded 12 August 1989 in Berlin
- Butch Morris, cornet: Fragments of Burden of choise suite (05.11); recorded 31 March 1986 in Brooklyn, NY
- Fred Frith, guitar: Without the fat of sacrifice (03.07); recorded 30 March 1986 in New York
- Masahiko Kono, trombone: Basic (04.38); recorded 31 March 1986 in Brooklyn, NY
- Andrew Cyrille, drums, voice: Serious fun II (04.34); recorded 30 March 1986 in New York
- Floros Floridis, clarinet: Maria's black (04.18); recorded 1 February 1989 in Athens
- Michihiro Sato, shamisen: Regular informals (03.13); recorded 23 October 1986 in Tokyo
- Derek Bailey, guitar: Found bits (02.32); recorded 10 July 1988 in Berlin
- Marilyn Mazur, percussion: Wind travel suite (05.40); recorded 29 September 1988 in Copenhagen
- Junko Handa, biwa, voice: Power without power I (07.01); recorded 23 October 1986 in Tokyo
- Yoshisaburo Toyozumi, drums: Bamboo-iron (03.28); recorded 23 October 1986 in Tokyo
- Tom Cora, cello: And then you will see (03.58); recorded 30 March 1986 in New York
This is the second CD version of Peter Kowald's duos with musicians from Europe, Japan and America (see also FMP CD 21) and it is drawn from tracks on the previous FMP LPs 1260, 1270 and 1280.
Go to select list of FMP LPs or to list of FMP CDs.