Ictus 132 Rebels, travelers & improvisers
John Fisher, piano (track 1); Theo Jörgensmann, clarinet (track 1); Melvyn Poore, tuba (track 1); Evan Parker, tenor saxophone (tracks 2-4, 7); Martin Joseph, electric piano (tracks 2-4); Eugenio Colombo, alto saxophone, flute (tracks 2-4); Lol Coxhill, soprano saxophone (tracks 5-6); Franz Koglmann, trumpet, flugelhorn (tracks 5-6); Lester Bowie, trumpet (track 7); Alvin Curran, piano, synthesizer; Giancarlo Schiaffini, trombone; Tony Oxley, percussion (track 7); Andrea Centazzo, percussion (all tracks), percussion, electronics (tracks 2-4).
Tracks 1 recorded at the Breghenz Jazz Festival, Austria in July 1983; tracks 2-4 recorded at San Martino Church, Pistoia, Italy in July 1977; tracks 5-6 recorded at Krinzinger Gallery, Innsbruck, Austria in January 1983; track 7 recorded In Modena, Italy in June 1977.
- The Breghenz session [JF/TJ/MP/AC] (13.07)
- Church music #1 [EP/MJ/EC/AC] (10.03)
- Church music #2 [EP/MJ/EC/AC] (10.34)
- Church music #3 [EP/MJ/EC/AC] (05.01)
- The Innsbruck session #1 [LC/FK/AC] (05.13)
- The Innsbruck session #2 [LC/FK/AC] (08.44)
- Rebels, travelers & improvisers [LB/AC/GS/EP/TO/AC] (15.20)
This disc is part of the Ictus Records 30th anniversary collection.
Cover (reproduced above) art and photography by Andrea Centazzo.
Go to list of Ictus recordings or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page