Improvised Music from Japan IMJ-301 Improvised music from Japan 2002-2003
Improvised music from Japan 2002-2003
This is a 160 page A5-size book, in Japanese and in English featuring interviews, record reviews and comments on the current Japanese improvised scene. Included are Ami Yoshida, Sachiko M, Otomo Yoshihide, Tetsu Saitoh, Toshimaru Nakamura, Radu Malfatti, Taku Sugimoto, Uchihashi Kazuhisa and Skist. A CD with the publication includes the following music:
Design (front cover reproduced above) by Masae Tanabe.
- Toshimaru Nakamura: Hank (05.28); captured in the lounge of Studio Midi, Caudeval, France on 13 July 2001
- Brett Larner; Fred Frith; Anne Hege; Andy Nathan; Jonathan Segel; John Shiurba; Matthew Sperry: acoustic guitars: m-7/7-5 (07.07); recorded at CCM Studio, Mills College, Oakland on 26 August 2002
- Masahiko Okura, alto saxophone; Masafumi Ezaki, trumpet; Taku Unami, lapsteel, computer: Untitled (08.07); recorded on 25 August 2002
- Haco/View masters: Start up + No wave (05.29); recorded at Osaka Harbor Aka Renga Warehouse, August 2002
- Tetuzi Akiyama, prepared resonator guitar: Convulsion/take 2 (05.24); recorded at Laboratory of Phonique Aim, Tokyo, August 2002
- Yoshio Machida, amorphone, Max/MSP: MALHAR (excerpt) (05.43); recorded at Extrapool, Nijmegen on 23 February 2002
- Radu Malfatti, trombone; Taku Sugimoto, guitar: Tenkaku (excerpt) (31.14); recorded at Porgy & Bess, Vienna on 17 March 2002
Go to list of Improvised Music from Japan CDs or to Independent Record Labels page.