Mash CD004-2 A boy leaves home
Susanna Ferrar, violin, vocals, feet, motorbike; Evan Parker, soprano saxophone on tracks 1, 8 and 12;
Sylvia Hallett, violin on tracks 5, 7 and 10; Lol Coxhill, soprano
saxophone, voice on tracks 9 and 10; Dickon Tolson, solo voice track 3.
Recorded (mostly) at The Steamrooms Studios, around spring 1995; other locations and dates as indicated.
- Oak, ash and thorn (05.01)
- Split-splat willow (3 little pieces) (03.17)
- "...that's how much it weighs" (01.00); recorded at home (London N16, 1980)
- Trudi's hen-night (04.43); recorded 15 September 1994, The Queen's Arms, Penton St, London N1
- Ho [Scherzo] (01.46)
- Indoors/outdoors (02.16); Indoors recorded on 6 August 1994 at Napier Ct., London SW6; Outdoors summer 1991 in London N16
- Art music [Minuet & trio] (03.24)
- Hares (04.08)
- She moves through the fair (03.54); Aeroplane recorded 31 July 1994, Worstead, Norfolk; seagulls, recorded 2 August 1994 Union Canal, London NW1
- Shenandoah (06.08)
- Hinemoa [Women of Ireland] (06.24); recorded 21 August 1992 at LMC Concert, London
- Flowers of the mountain (04.03)
- My father's house (08.53); recorded 25 September 1994, St Mary's Church, Stoke Newington
Cover (reproduced above) childhood painting probably by Susanna, possibly by her brother Hugh Ferrar.
Go to List of Mash recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page.